ICT Patent Attorney – Sydney – qualified or near qualified.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and outgoing ICT patent attorney wanting to develop their commercial IP skillset and become a key part of a growing IP business. You will be exposed to a far broader experience of work and training than is typical at this level.
About BOSH IP
We are a young and ambitious firm started in 2018 by four partners. We aim to give clients a different experience taking a genuine interest in their business and a commercial approach to IP. As a result of continued growth, we are looking to expand our professional team.
About the role:
You will join the ICT Group in Sydney in a busy and commercially focused practice.
This is a client facing role with a heavy focus on direct client work. You will work directly with IP teams in international and local corporates as well as medium sized businesses and SMEs.
You will be working on subject matter in technical areas including computer software, informatics, image processing, medical devices, and general consumer goods. There will also be some basic mechanical engineering work as part of the role. Preferably you will have a technical qualification in the field of ICT.
- Drafting patent applications working directly with inventors and business owners.
- Providing freedom to operate advice.
- Working with clients on strategic IP matters and thinking outside the box to advise on commercial IP solutions.
- Coordinating patent landscape searching.
- Prosecuting patent applications in Australia and overseas.
- Supporting business growth through marketing and networking.
- You will have at least two years of experience in the IP profession and preferably be qualified as a patent attorney in Australia.
- You will have experience in working across a range of ICT technologies.
- You will be interested in understanding the commercial significance of IP to clients and working beyond patent drafting and prosecution.
- You will enjoy working directly with clients and looking for opportunities to grow the practice.
- You will have a team focus and enjoy working as part of a high performing team.
What to expect from BOSH IP:
- A growth environment. Our partners are committed to training our team to develop their strategic and commercial IP skills as well as the traditional patent attorney skills of drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Our experience of working in-house, in private practice and overseas, as well as lecturing in patent drafting at Melbourne University, provides a wealth of experience for you to learn from.
- An interactive client experience. You will be working directly with clients and decision makers in their businesses.
- An opportunity to contribute to the growth of the business through involvement in marketing activities and client pitches.
- Support for growing your local and international networks.
- A collegiate environment. Our partners are receptive to ideas for the development of our business practice procedures.
- A flexible working environment.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date 28 April 2023.